Monday 1 August 2016

Returning to the World of Wizardry

Dear all,

this weekend has been a bit less packed with activities.

After spending the week with transferring business card data into an Excel spreadsheet and scanning another few invoices that I found whilst bringing some sort of order into a few other offices, I went to the Dundrum Shopping Centre. I explored some clothing stores being tempted by the huge sales signs. I have to admit that I only found some interesting things at Urban Outfitters and HMV ( I really wish that we would have the latter in Berlin as well...). My last stop was then at Jamie's Italian - one of the best decisions so far, haha. I chose the Homemade Lemonade, a small Prawn Linguine and Raspberry Rippled Pavlova.

As I didn't carry my DSLR camera with me, the foodie pics are a bit more blurrier this time, sorry guys!





Saturday turned out to be the most exciting day this week. I only had plans to go to the Phoenix Park, Dublin's biggest one at which one can also find Dublin's Zoo. As I was passing Hodges Figgis, a rather large bookstore, with the 46A bus, I saw that they would held a Harry Potter Party that day for the release of J. K. Rowling's newest book and that it could be preordered it with 50 % off. Therefore I spent less time at the Phoenix Park (which also couldn't completely satisfy me) and drove back to the bookstore to preorder my copy.

It was quite surprising how many people came for the event, but than again, I don't think we had something of this sort in Berlin so far. As the store itself became more and more crowded, one could engage in some activities that the staff had prepared. They hold a small Quidditch game, an owl race a quiz and costume competition whilst one could enjoy a local band until it turned 0 am. Around that time, the first copies found their new, happy owners. I ended up missing my last bus and had to walk home again... (though it was completely worth it!)





I spent my Sunday again in the city centre doing some shopping and eating an ice cream at Gino's Gelato (Raspberry Yoghurt, Macaron, Pomegranate Sorbet) before I went to the cinema with two other fellow interns of my group to watch Star Trek Beyond.




I'll probably spent this Bank Holiday updating my blogs, reading Goethe and watching The Returned S2/Nana.

Until then,
F
 

No comments:

Post a Comment