Monday 29 August 2016

Dublin's Green Side and Touristic Activities

Dear all,

now even my last weekend here in Dublin is spent and I will already be back in Berlin next week around this time.

On Monday one of my fellow German Interns and I decided to go to Phoenix Park again, as we were told by the other Interns that there are free living deer to be found. Sadly, we only spotted one stag... After that we went again to Eatokyo and ran  into one of my flatmates of our group and her companion. Though we again went to Eatokyo on Wednesday. We just can't seem to get enough of this place, haha.




At Eatokyo I enjoyed some nice Sushi on Monday (didn't do any pictures) and on Wednesday I treated myself to this awesome Seafood Ramen Bowl.



We also had this superb sunrise last week...



On Friday we went to O'Reilly's as usual and met up with one colleague of one of our German interns, though we were all in all fewer as the other German intern group we usually went to pubs with, already had their last day on Friday (but we obviously did a proper farewell party earlier that week).

On Saturday I spent my day with the same German intern as from Monday at Dublin's National Botanic Garden. The area is well taken care of and really is a great spot to relax. The most astonishing point though is, that one doesn't need to pay any entrance fee. We also have a Botanic Garden in Berlin Steglitz, but one has to pay a small entrance fee to get access to the garden.













On Sunday, the aforementioned work colleague and two other fellow German interns and me did a Free Walking Tour of the northern part of Dublin. It's great as you just meet up with the guide who has an umbrella with him near The Spire, which you can't miss at O'Connell Street next to the GPO. The Tour was really interesting as our Guide shared some Dublin insider info with us and all in all did a great job. I also went to The Rolling Donut again, although I went with a Rosie Lee Donut (red velvet donut) as they didn't had the cool blue one this time. We also spotted this fantastic café called Choco Bó, at which you can create your own chocolate bars! Well, obviously we made use of this opportunity, esp. since they had a special offer to create them for only € 2,50!

Rosie Lee Donut
Afterwards, we did a quick stop at O'Reilly's and then went to the colleagues house to eat some chips we bought along the way.

And since we have such lovely weather today, I also did some pictures of my usual way to work and the Business Park where we're located at.




I will probably write 1 to 2 follow ups when I returned to Berlin, so stay tuned! ;)

Until then,
F

No comments:

Post a Comment