Monday 15 August 2016

Roaming through Irish East Coast Cities

Dear all,

I only did one bigger trip the last weekend on Saturday, which led me and two other German interns to Wexford. It was my first complete trip with Irish Rail, but it was really comfy and the coaches had a nice modern interior.

We started at Connolly Station and bought our tickets at one of the ticket machines. Luckily, they are super easy to use and all ticket types are explained -so no worries if you're not entirely sure which ticket type you should buy.

Connolly Station


We had a stay for about 6 hours in Wexford and spent 1/3 at a lovely restaurant called The Yard. They offer nice dishes with local ingredients for a reasonable price.

The Yard




After that, we pretty much aimlessly explored Wexford...







... at least until we came across a Hurling Championship. As all of us three didn't knew a thing about this sport, we had to google something about it's rules, but it was nonetheless fun to watch.




After our return form Wexford, our intern group met up at O'Reilly's and this time it really was a metal pub!

If you're asking yourself what I did on Friday and Sunday and expect some cool other trips and pictures, I'm sorry to let you down. I have to admit that I was somewhat more lazier than usual.

On Friday, I sort of got a shorthand notice that we'll have a burger party in my room mates and my apartment, so I spent that day with the partying (and slightly drunk) bunch.
I spent the Sunday in a more nerdy way, as another fellow German intern and I spent the day doing a Harry Potter marathon, though we only made it up until the 4th part, as we started later thanks to our stay at O'Reilly's and than again we had to work today again...

Until then,
F

No comments:

Post a Comment