Monday 8 August 2016

Let's go to the Beach!

Dear all,

now I've been already for a bit more than 4 weeks roaming through Dublin.

Friday evening started with a proper pub visit at O'Reilly's to which my fellow German interns and I went. We met a few nice Irish guys with whom we shared the table.

On Saturday I headed to Dún Laoghaire, as one of our standard busses always drives there.
Blessed with sunny weather, I was ready to explore Dún Laoghaire's vast piers and it's lovely city centre.

 I walked along the eastern pier and had to notice the many Eddy's Ice Cream stores. I also got myself a scoop at the tip of the Eastern Pier. I ended the day with some Singaporean Noodles at Mao's.













On Sunday I more or less spontaneously decided to do the Bray - Greystones Cliff Walk and therefore headed to Bray with the DART.

I was really excited to finally see some real deal beach in Ireland, though Bray's beach sure is pebbly! But alas, I helped myself with some fish and chips, sat on the beach and listened to some live performed Elvis cover songs. After that, the real adventure began - roughly about 6 km along Ireland's eastern coastline and some nice sunny weather. By the time I was about to reach Greystones, I had to hurry a bit, as I was supposed to meet up with some fellow German interns to see Suicide Squad in Dublin's heart around evening. 

In the end I got sunburned again and made it in time back for the movie with some time left, that I used to do some household chores :)

Bray's Beach










View on Greyestones

Greystones

Greystones Beach

Oh and I got some really cool tasks at work as well! I am currently working on a SEO and a Marketing Campaign with another French intern and an Indian colleague. I was also finally able to hold my presentation about paperless offices and got treated with some pizza by my mentor.

Until the next weekend,
F

No comments:

Post a Comment