Tuesday 26 July 2016

Castle Grounds and Libraries combined with Asian Food

Dear all,

after my small night crawl on Friday, I went to Malahide with my two fellow room mates to explore it's castle.

Malahide castle was pretty much always inhabited by the Talbots in it's 800 years of existance.
It is a rather small castle (or at least I expected it to be bigger) but it is nonetheless impressive!

One can get oneself a ticket for both gardens as well as a guided tour for the castle for less than 10 EUR which is an appropriate price. Especially if one considers how expensive it is to maintain the castle and to restore it ( we have been told that they spent about 12 mio. EUR just for the four rooms on the upper floor!).

Malahide Abbey

Malahide Castle








Talbot Botanic Garden


You can grab some really nice desserts at the Avoca Store located at the Visitor Centre of Malahide Castle & Gardens (see picture above).

After that we made a, more or less quick stop at the Korean Restaurant to which I wanted to go last time. The Bibimbap was good, though I have to admit that it was also my first time trying it.



On Sunday we went to see the Book of Kells, to the Zoology Museum and to a few comic bookstores and vintage clothing stores around the Temple Bar area. We also went to a lovely Japanese restaurant called Eatokyo.








Until then,
F

No comments:

Post a Comment