Saturday 9 July 2016

First Days in Dublin - or How to Survive the Most Chaotic Circumstances for Beginners

Dear all,

The journey to Dublin as well as it's first two days have been more chaotic than I would've imagined them to be.

At first my worst nightmare came true - my luggage weight passed the 15 kg (thanks to a few Japanese exercise books and portable household devices (i.e. a portable iron). In the end I had to book the top up around Thursday 9 pm, as I spent my last night before Dublin at my parents flat and not my own. But things went well and I was able to check in at the airport without further problems.

The next event happened at the Dublin airport - we somehow got into the wrong aircoach, though the line also had a station somewhat near to our apartments. That left us walking for about 30 min through parks, college areas and hotel parking lots. Our current living situation will change in a few days again as well, as we had to look at three different apartments until we found our current one (out of which we'll move again soon).

The next fun thing only happened to me (yay, I'm followed by bad luck). Whilst all other apartment members of ours had a decent internet connection by the end of the day, I sort of hadn't. Though after a longer lasting struggle at least I got one with my smart phone. And as of this hour today a mircale happened and my laptop also got a connection.


But that's enough about chaotic circumstances right now!

My group and I spent our first day exploring the Dublin City Centre, as we walked to it by foot. I think we had a great timing for it, as we wanted to go to a few national museums which offer free entrances (something completely unknown of Berlin museums) and St. Stephen's Green Park. As we reached the National Museum for Natural History we saw that the laya healthcare spectacular took place right next to it at Merrion Square.


St. Stephen's Green


laya healthcare spectacular entrance

As we walked between the foodie booths, we decided where to grab something to eat. After I got myself some sweet treats (I really have a thing for sweet booths, haha), I choose some Sicilian street food - a veggie  Arancia which was filled with tomato, cheese, rice and basil. I really recommend it to you guys!

After spending some more time at the festival, we went to the said National Museum for Natural History and the National Gallery of Ireland and explored the rest of Dublin's more touristic area.



River Liffey

Ha'penny Bridge 


I think I'll go again to the city core, as I still need to get my hands on a few gifts and I saw quite a few interesting looking restaurants.

If you ever end up being near the Ha'penny Bridge, I'd recommend a stop at The Rolling Donut - they sell donuts that aren't only good looking (ever seen a blue donut?) but taste great as well!

Until then,
F

No comments:

Post a Comment